Monday, March 8, 2010

Feels like I'm getting a little big bigger

You would think that it would be impossible to not hate someone that had made large portions of your life a living hell. Someone that had turned your mother into an alcholic mess, then hated her for it and beat her often. Someone that you were so afraid of that you would pray to God at night that they wouldn't come down the hallway when you were alseep and kill you. I wasted alot of time and energy hating this person. The person i'm talking about was recently hospitalized, there is still the posibility of him dying. Even though he has done so much to my family I went and visited him, telling him I hope he gets better.Seeing him so frail and sick looking with a tube coming out of his head made me realize that as terrible as he was, he was just a person, and like all people he makes mistakes. I feel so good that I have grown up and that I am able to be the bigger person. It seems that sometimes just letting things go is the best thing you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment